Where can I find a good home for my German Shepherd?

We have a 1 y.o female German Shepherd that is need of a good home. She is NOT good with other animals. She is very dominant. She is good with older kids (teens) she's about 100 lbs but thinks she a small dog and plays rough. She is spayed and up to…

We have a 1 y.o female German Shepherd that is need of a good home. She is NOT good with other animals. She is very dominant. She is good with older kids (teens) she's about 100 lbs but thinks she a small dog and plays rough. She is spayed and up to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where can I find a good home for my German Shepherd?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where can I find a good home for my German Shepherd?

Where can I find a good home for my German Shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have a 1 y.o female German Shepherd that is need of a good home. She is NOT good with other animals. She is very dominant. She is good with older kids (teens) she's about 100 lbs but thinks she a small dog and plays rough. She is spayed and up to date on all shots and heartworm meds. She is VERY protective and loyal to her owners. However, due to a recent crisis in our family we aren't able to give her the time or attention she deserves. We need a good home for her that is willing to work with her on her trained commands and give her LOTS of love and attention.Can someone help?Please understand I don't "want" to lose her because I believe in "forever" homes with pets. However, my son takes priority right now as he is disabled and has become emotionally unstable from being bullied at school and tried to take his life.I live in Indiana and I have called/emailed the GSD rescue but still waiting on a call back.Thanks for all the great feedback.I would like to get more info from the gal that said she's in Illinois breeding GSD/GRT Danes!I would be willing to travel a bit to ensure she has a good home!

Where can I find a good home for my German Shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You may wish to get in touch with German Shepherd rescue. They have knowledge of the breed and will know which owners will be best suited to her. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=german+shepherd+rescue&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

• Contact the nearest German Shepherd Rescue, breed rescues are usually the best bet as they are much more careful where their fosters are placed and know the breed. If she is very ball crazy then contact your local police and ask if they have a arson or drug dog person who might be interested in her. You don't say where you live but search for GSD Rescue in your state and you should find one.

• Try German Shepherd Rescue.comI'm so sorry you have to give him up. I had to give up my German Shepherd too because I was allergic to him. This place will interview the people and find him the perfect home.I'm So Sorry.P.S. I now have a hypoallergenic dog named Skippy.

• If you need to find a home fast, try a German Shepherd rescue. If you look up the GSD club of Amewrica, they can probably help you find a reputable rescue group. If you are more comfortable finding her a new owner yourself, advertise locally. Be sure you share ALL of what you told us with them, and also go to their home personally to be sure they are legitimate before placing her with them. Ask for vet references and make a contract that they must return the dog to you or else let you approve of any home they might want to put her in if they cannot keep her for any reason.I am glad that you are trying to do your best to find her a GOOD home, and not just dump her somewhere. I wish you all the best.

• Where are you located? You could call GSD rescue and see if they could take her. I use to foster for them and help out so email me and maybe I can help.

• Have you contacted the breeder of your female for help in finding her a good home? usually the breeder will offer to help place the dog.. Otherwise please contact a local german shepherd rescue.. Please remember to ask lots of questions of the people interested in her to insure her to a safe home.. (safe to her and the new owner) I also do rescues in IL.. feel free to contact me..

• You may try contacting the following rescues if they're close to you:http://www.gsdrescue1.org/http://gsdhaven.org/http://www.gsdr.orgThis is a long shot, but you might want to contact http://www.uswardogs.org/. They are not an adoption or rescue organization, but I don't think you'll find anyone more devoted to their dogs than these fine people. You never know. They may know of someone in your state you could give your dog a wonderful home who understands the temperament of German shepherds. You may also try contacting your local police department or see if your veterinarian works with any of the police K9 units. We were able to help place a dog for a client recently by contacting one of our clients who is a police officer. He knew of a fellow officer who was looking for a German shepherd as a pet. It might be worth a try.Good luck. I hope everything works out for you and your family.