If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs?

I have a wheaten and i love her. She like a sister to me. She very calm in the house but when she sees another dogs she gets really excited, well over excited, she tries to play but the ohters dogs take it the wrong way and they start to fight. Does…

If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs?

I have a wheaten and i love her. She like a sister to me. She very calm in the house but when she sees another dogs she gets really excited, well over excited, she tries to play but the ohters dogs take it the wrong way and they start to fight. Does…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs?...

• If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs?

If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a wheaten and i love her. She like a sister to me. She very calm in the house but when she sees another dogs she gets really excited, well over excited, she tries to play but the ohters dogs take it the wrong way and they start to fight. Does anyone elses dog do that or is it just my soft coated wheaten terrier.

If anyone has a soft coated wheaten terrier does it get aggresive with other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • NO WAY-- Soft coated wheaton terriers are SOO friendsly with other dogs sooo friendly and cute!! If at all they do anything to another dog is maybe play rough with it! Thats all! I LOVE THAT BREED ALOT!! Plus there hypoallergenic!! Well hope this helps

• Hi,Wheaten Terriers are the forerunner to the Kerry blue terrier so I guess they would be the same. My Kerry blue female was like that as a puppy. She grew up with my male dog which was very dominant & she is very submissive by nature.It is all the nervous energy that makes her a target for other dogs, try introducing her to calm dogs first. Calm dogs will have their tail down and be displaying relaxed muscle & posture; these are the dogs she should be meeting for a while until she learns to clam down. To be on the safe side pick more docile breeds.When she has more confidence you can build her up to meeting some more excitable dogs. As she gets older she will probably get calmer anyway, but if you introduce her to calm dogs now the chances are she will tone down the signals she is sending when she meets other dogs and they in turn will respond differently.I hope this helpsLawrance

• Yesssss! I have a 2 year old SCWT male. He loves anyone and everyone, and he feels they should love him just as much! We live in a neighborhood with lots of dogs (pitbulls mostly), and we have trouble with this frequently. The SCWTs are the eternal puppy and stay extremely friendly.