Where in Oliver Twist does it mention that Bullseye is a bull terrier?

I've read the book several times and i have never come across any quote telling me that bullseye was a bull terrier yet on several websites (like Wikipedia) and in films he is always said to be and portrayed as a bull terrier. I can also find no quotes…

I've read the book several times and i have never come across any quote telling me that bullseye was a bull terrier yet on several websites (like Wikipedia) and in films he is always said to be and portrayed as a bull terrier. I can also find no quotes…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where in Oliver Twist does it mention that Bullseye is a bull terrier?...

• Where in Oliver Twist does it mention that Bullseye is a bull terrier?

Where in Oliver Twist does it mention that Bullseye is a bull terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've read the book several times and i have never come across any quote telling me that bullseye was a bull terrier yet on several websites (like Wikipedia) and in films he is always said to be and portrayed as a bull terrier. I can also find no quotes which specificlly say Nancy is a prostitute. Are there? Am i just missing bits out as i read?

Where in Oliver Twist does it mention that Bullseye is a bull terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Nope. If you saw a movie with like lets say a black lab in it and then you saw the movie and it never said anything about the dog being a black lab and you read a review, would you be surprised for it to say a loving story about an owner and his black lab? it is pretty obvious to tell that he is a black lab, as in oliver twist, (i saw the movie) and no, once again, it doesnt say that about Nancy either. Its just in the reviews ppl assume and they assume right, i dont think the book marley and me say he is a yellow lab but you know he is. Does that make sense?

• l don't think it did mention that Bullseye was a Bull Terrier, it didn't state what breed he was. l think when they developed it for the stage and film, they chose a Bull Terrier for Bill Sykes because the breed was developed to be a gentleman's companion. Bill Sykes thought he was a little better than the rest of them and would feel more superior with a gentleman's dog that also looked tough.A bit like chavs and hoodies with their Staffordshire Bull Terriers.The same with Nancy, the film and stage version are never true to the original book.