Where can I find a mini yorkshire terrier?

I want to get a small yorkshire terrier and I don't know where to find one. I AM NOT GOING TO BUY IT ONLINE! I need to find websites where puppies are up for adoption and it shows me where they are.Thanks!

I want to get a small yorkshire terrier and I don't know where to find one. I AM NOT GOING TO BUY IT ONLINE! I need to find websites where puppies are up for adoption and it shows me where they are.Thanks!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where can I find a mini yorkshire terrier?...

• Where can I find a mini yorkshire terrier?

Where can I find a mini yorkshire terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want to get a small yorkshire terrier and I don't know where to find one. I AM NOT GOING TO BUY IT ONLINE! I need to find websites where puppies are up for adoption and it shows me where they are.Thanks!

Where can I find a mini yorkshire terrier? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If you have your heart set on a puppy, email the national Yorkie club secretary and ask for referrals to breeders in good standing with the club:Yorkshire Terrier Club of America, Inc. Secretary : Shirley Patterson Address: 2102 Chestnut Ct, Pottstown, PA , 19465-7163 Website: www.ytca.org Email: [email protected] Club Type: Specialty If you would consider adopting an adult dog (one year or older) go to http://www.petfinder.com for a listing of Yorkie rescues in your area.

• There is no such thing as a mini Yorkshire Terrier. Yorkies only come in one standard size and that is about 7 pounds in weight. BYBs will breed small Yorkies together in hopes of passing on their size to their pups but in reality this just never works. You can never guarantee the size of a puppy when full grown and most reputable breeders of the toy breeds will tell you that when you are looking for one. Even if you pick out the runt of the litter there is no guarantee that puppy will always be small. Runt Puppies are simply premature puppies born a little too early so they are not as fully developed as the larger pups in the litter. However, they do not always end up being the smallest of the litter, and can grow full size will a proper diet. Try looking at www.petfinder.com for smaller size Yorkies in a local rescue. You can also try the AKCs purebreed rescues to find one, go to www.akc.org and search under rescues.

• Usually you can fill out a request form at any local animal shelter, dog pound, etc. And for them to call you when they receive a yorkie. I use to have Yorkies and they are the BEST dog and so smart. The mama was 6 lbs, her daughter (my baby) was 7lbs and the baby boy was 3 lbs. All of them were super smart. My baby lived to till she was 15yrs and her mom 16yrs. Just a friendly worning, our 3lb Yorkie often had health problems and I'd heard the really small ones sometimes are at the vet often, but usually with with currable things, you just need to have the extra money to take care of a small yorkie (5lbs and under). Good Luck! I envy you! Margaret