What do I need to look for in a Boston terrier puppy?

I am thinking about buying a Boston Terrier Puppy. I would like to get a rescue dog but there aren't many rescue boston's in my area. When purchasing my puppy, what should I be looking for? What questions should I ask? I have read lots of information…

I am thinking about buying a Boston Terrier Puppy. I would like to get a rescue dog but there aren't many rescue boston's in my area. When purchasing my puppy, what should I be looking for? What questions should I ask? I have read lots of information…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What do I need to look for in a Boston terrier puppy?...

• What do I need to look for in a Boston terrier puppy?

What do I need to look for in a Boston terrier puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am thinking about buying a Boston Terrier Puppy. I would like to get a rescue dog but there aren't many rescue boston's in my area. When purchasing my puppy, what should I be looking for? What questions should I ask? I have read lots of information but am just looking for any other suggestions. Please only answer if you have something positive to say. Thank You

What do I need to look for in a Boston terrier puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If you speak with a breeder ask about genetic testing of the parents for luxating patella(knee problems that BT are known for) and history of eye problems in the blood lines etc. Go to the AKC website and pull up the Boston Terrier breed/breeders links for lots of useful information. Good luck!

• If you haven't seen it already, the Boston Terrier Club of America website has information on finding/selecting a Boston.http://bostonterrierclubofamerica.org/Another good idea is to start attending shows and talk to the breeders there. Learn what they think is important to look for. AND, some of them may be able to either direct you to a rescue, or know of a Boston looking for a home, or have an adult to place themselves (either a retired dog, or a pup they kept that turned out not to be show quality, or one they had returned).

• They are full of energy so be prepared, chech their teeth to be sure the teeth are in good condition, that it's legs are strong and it's temperment is good. Ask about shots, worming and be sure there is not blood in the poo. These are tips for almost any pet dog.