How long do poodle terrier mixes live?

I have a poodle terrier mix. Hes 3 years old. I love him so much, just curious on how long mixes like him will live.

I have a poodle terrier mix. Hes 3 years old. I love him so much, just curious on how long mixes like him will live....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How long do poodle terrier mixes live?...

• How long do poodle terrier mixes live?

How long do poodle terrier mixes live? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a poodle terrier mix. Hes 3 years old. I love him so much, just curious on how long mixes like him will live.

How long do poodle terrier mixes live? Dog Breed Discussions
    • As a general rule of thumb, the smaller the dog, the longer the life span. I've heard of poodles making it to twenty years and even going beyond. Mixing some terrier in probably won't hurt his longevity at all. Poodles are subject to a relatively small variety of maladies, as are most terrier mixes. The drawback with the mixed-breed is that they may get the best of both breeds, or the worst of both, or any combination thereof.

• Completely unpredictable.Howevever, mixes generally don't live as long (generally), because you are combining two different breeds and giving their offspring twice as many chances as illnesses. For poodles, they can be prone to: * Addison's * Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus (Bloat) * Chronic Active Hepatitis * Cushings * Epilepsy * Hip Dysplasia * Hypothyroidism * Legg-Calve-Perthes * Patellar Luxation * PRA * Optic Nerve Hypoplasia * Sebaceous Adenitis (SA) * Von Willebrand's disease (vWD)So now you have all those chances, mixed with whatever problems the "terrier" half is.With proper vet care and a good healthy diet, with exercise, he should have no problem reahing his early teens.