Which breed of terrier would you consider has the least amount of energy?

I've always grown up with large size dogs so in the future I plan on finally getting a small dog. My favorite small dogs are terriers. I'm not super energetic but plan on becoming more active and an energetic dog would help...so which terrier would you…

I've always grown up with large size dogs so in the future I plan on finally getting a small dog. My favorite small dogs are terriers. I'm not super energetic but plan on becoming more active and an energetic dog would help...so which terrier would you…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Which breed of terrier would you consider has the least amount of energy?...

• Which breed of terrier would you consider has the least amount of energy?

Which breed of terrier would you consider has the least amount of energy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've always grown up with large size dogs so in the future I plan on finally getting a small dog. My favorite small dogs are terriers. I'm not super energetic but plan on becoming more active and an energetic dog would help...so which terrier would you consider the least energetic. I know pretty much all terriers are full of energy though.

Which breed of terrier would you consider has the least amount of energy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • well, I can tell you that a west highland terrier will exercise himself when needed. Mine does, at least. He'll run laps at top speed around the room, or around the yard, just for the shear joy of running.

• I've had terriers most of my life and they are just not low energy dogs. If you mean calm in the house a lot of that is personality based. I've got polar opposite Jack Russels as it is. Westies are the apartment terrier of choice most of the time. A walk is usually enough but I consider them to be pretty busy inside. Miniature Schnauzers may suit what you want. They're lively enough but they're pretty relaxed in the house. Sealyham Terriers are lower energy than some but I have next to no personal experience with the breed so I can't tell you much. Bull terriers: Clownish but not hyperactive most of the timeYou may be better off looking at something like a French Bulldog or other dogs that just don't have that drive to search and go-go-go that terriers do.

• A Sealyham Terrier and a Skye terrier. They both have a 2 out of a 5 energy level. Sealyham terriers are fairly calm, stubborn, and independent, but are ready to investigate and dig. They are often aggresive towards other dogs, but are devoted to family. There coats need combing daily and need a short walk. They also live 11 to 13 years. Skye terriers are fearless and tough. They are courageous and good watch dogs. They may be aggresive towards strange dogs. They need a weekly brushing and a short walk. They live 12 to 14 years. Hope it helped!