What are the characteristics of a rat terrier dog?

My husband is planning to buy a Rat Terrier but I want to know first the desirable characteristics of this <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=b0944f342ce32e053b3766b83acaad128f055e52">dog breed</a>? What is its temperament? What are the standard features of this breed? Thanks for your answers.

My husband is planning to buy a Rat Terrier but I want to know first the desirable characteristics of this <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=b0944f342ce32e053b3766b83acaad128f055e52">dog breed</a>? What is its temperament? What are the standard features of this breed? Thanks for your answers....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the characteristics of a rat terrier dog?...

• What are the characteristics of a rat terrier dog?

What are the characteristics of a rat terrier dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      My husband is planning to buy a Rat Terrier but I want to know first the desirable characteristics of this dog breed? What is its temperament? What are the standard features of this breed? Thanks for your answers.

What are the characteristics of a rat terrier dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The Rat Terrier is a well-muscled dog with a deep chest, strong shoulders, solid neck, and powerful legs. Their bodies are compact but meaty. The ears can be upright or tipped and are carried erect when the dog is alert. They can be born with short or full length tails, each being left in its natural state or docked at two days of age. The coat colors include, pearls, sables, chocolates, red and white, tri-spotted, solid red, black & tan, blue & white and red brindle. Breeders concerned with working dogs are not as fussy about the specifics of the looks. Temperament The Rat Terrier is an intelligent, alert and loving dog. Very inquisitive and lively. This affectionate dog makes an excellent companion for those who will enjoy an energetic dog. They are good with children, especially if they are raised with them from puppyhood. They are, for the most part friendly with strangers. Rat Terriers make good watchdogs. These dogs are quick and very playful and are not yappers. The temperament of these dogs is pure terrier. The lively, feisty, fearless nature can be found in the best of terriers. They are eager to please and respond and pick training up faster than most dogs. The Rat terrier is a very well mannered, well rounded dog. They are easy to train and very eager to learn and to please their owner.

• The rat terrier is an adorable and affectionate dog. It is also lively and energetic. It can live in apartments or small spaces. It can be easily trained and is a good swimmer. It can be a very good watchdog for your family. For its standard features, it should be at least 10-13 inches for miniature and 13-18 inches for standard in height. The acceptable standard colors of a rat terrier are black, or chocolate, red, apricot, blue, fawn, tan, lemon, or white.

• RAT TERRIERS ARE VERY HYPER DOGS USUALLY AND LOVE TO PLAY AND RUN ARE INQUISITIVE THEY STICK THEIR NOSE IN EVERYTHING, , THEY ARE SMART AND HAVE A GOOD DISPOSTION BUT THEY HAVE TO BE KEPT BUSY NO LEAVING THEM ALL DAY WITH NOTHING TO DO OR YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY TO FIND THEY MADE A CHEW TOY OUT OF YOUR FURNITURE,THEY ARE LITTLE HUNTERS AND WERE USED TO KILL RATS, AND THEY CHASE THEM DOWN,I WOULD IMAGINE THEY DONT CAGE WELL FOR THIS REASON ITS DOING THEM AND INJUSTICE , ITS NOT THEIR FAULT , SO DONT BLAME THE DOG WHEN HE IS JUST BEING HIMSELF, TWO WOULD BE BETTER CAUSE THEY CAN PLAY WITH EACH OTHER IF YOU LEAVE THEM, LEAVE THEM WITH PLENTY OF RAGS TOYS AND GET THEM INVOLVED IN TUG OF WARS WITH EACH OTHER SO THEY WILL DO THIS WHEN YOU ARE GONE, AND NOT YOUR FURNITURE, FEMALES ARE BETTER THAN MALES THEY DONT MARK EVERYTHING AND WANT TO MATE, WHEN THEY GRAB A RAG THEY SHAKE IT INSTINCTIVELY LIKE SNAPPING A RATS NECK, THEY ARE LIVELY AND YOU WILL ENJOY THEM GIVEN THEIR SPUNK,,