How to raise a boston terrier puppy?

We just got a little boston terrier puppy that's around 8 weeks old. I was wondering what kind of things are necessary to raise this dog healthy and in the best possible way?? He seems to be open with us already (being this is the first night home with…

We just got a little boston terrier puppy that's around 8 weeks old. I was wondering what kind of things are necessary to raise this dog healthy and in the best possible way?? He seems to be open with us already (being this is the first night home with…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to raise a boston terrier puppy?...

• How to raise a boston terrier puppy?

How to raise a boston terrier puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      We just got a little boston terrier puppy that's around 8 weeks old. I was wondering what kind of things are necessary to raise this dog healthy and in the best possible way?? He seems to be open with us already (being this is the first night home with us) like playing around and everything I just want to know a few other things.

How to raise a boston terrier puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The breeder really should have gone over this with you. And, you really should have done this research BEFORE the dog came home. There's too much stuff to ask us to list it for you. Start reading - books & the internet. Find a resonsible breeder and ask them to help you through it. Good breeders are so involved with the breed that they should help you. Find a Boston Terrier community webpage and ask them for help. Realistically, the research and breeder should have taken care of a large part of this. Next time, be more prepared and be sure to use a good breeder. Have fun with your pup!!! : )http://bostonterrierclubofamerica.org/http://www.bostonterrierclubofamerica.org/ReputableBreeder.html

• Be kind, and consistent. Read everything you can on positive dog training. Go to a puppy class. Keep your pup away from dogs until he is at least 4 months old (to avoid getting sick, until he has all his shots). Feed him a good quality holistic food (no corn, wheat, soy or by products). Enjoy him!

• BT's are wonderful dogs!! I have one myself and my brother has 2. Congrats.Things to know:-They have a TON of energy so be prepared to play a lot-They are very sensitive to cold/hot temperatures (make sure to get sweaters when it is cold out)-They love to lick you everywhere, every chance they get-They do not like to be alone-They are very stubborn so establish yourself as the alpha asap-Bostons are great with kids and other dogs-If you let them sleep in bed with you they will take over....it doesn't matter if they are only 15-20 lbsJust feed him quality food (I like Canidae) and give him lots of love and exercise. Good luck! You can email me if you need any other help or suggestions - [email protected]

• Might I suggest going to your local pet store or book store and picking up all you can find on Boston Terriers so you are well informed on how to raise a happy healthy puppy, they also sell books on housebreaking and crate training.You can also google boston terrier's online and reading everything you can to be well informed and become a responsible dog owner.This is something you should have done prior to purchasing the dog. That's how dogs end up in the shelter because people thought they were cute until they got the puppy and it wasn't the cute bundle of joy they had hoped for when it grew up.