I need a Basenji Breeder in New York?

Go to the Brat Web site. Many basenji breeders also volunteer. Basenji club of America also has breeder referrals. I know of several good breeders in Ohio and Ky.They have wait lists and web sites. E mail me and I can send to you.BTW, Basenji's almost…

Go to the Brat Web site. Many basenji breeders also volunteer. Basenji club of America also has breeder referrals. I know of several good breeders in Ohio and Ky.They have wait lists and web sites. E mail me and I can send to you.BTW, Basenji's almost…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I need a Basenji Breeder in New York?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I need a Basenji Breeder in New York?

I need a Basenji Breeder in New York? Dog Breed Discussions
      Go to the Brat Web site. Many basenji breeders also volunteer. Basenji club of America also has breeder referrals. I know of several good breeders in Ohio and Ky.They have wait lists and web sites. E mail me and I can send to you.BTW, Basenji's almost always only come in season once a year. In this hemisphere it is usually from Oct to Dec. hence there may be a wait list on these pups.

I need a Basenji Breeder in New York? Dog Breed Discussions
    • First let me say THANK YOU for doing your research....as a Basenji Rescue volunteer, it is refreshing to see someone who knows what they're getting into, and not just buying an "exotic barkless dog" from a pet store :).In addition to what others have said, keep in mind many BCOA member breeders will ship their puppies for a small additional cost. My male Basenjis' breeder is a BCOA member and she flew him from Indianapolis to Orlando for me. He was no worse for the wear, in fact he was calmly looking out of his cage at me when I met him at the airport :). I'd offer you her contact information but she does not have a litter this year. Also I am sure you are aware of Basenji Rescue, or BRAT.....I am assuming you're looking for a puppy, but if you are not planning to show, you may want to check out BRAT's website anyway. Occasionally they do get slightly older puppies; and a group of BRAT volunteers in Iowa just recently placed an entire litter of 10 week old pups....some of them may still be in foster! Don't rule Rescue out- if you prove to be the ideal candidate for a dog in foster, they can usually work out a transportation arrangement to get a dog to you from several states away. The site is http://www.basenjirescue.org/Good luck!

• On the Basenji Club of America website, go to the "regional clubs" link.There should be at least 2 or 3 clubs within your distance. As far as breeder's waiting lists, that depends on a lot of factors so it's hard to say. A lot of breeders wait till they have a certain # of homes before they breed at all. Best to ask the individual.Hope this helps.

• I am searching for a reputable Basenji breeder in NY. There are only 2 listed on the Basenji Club of America website (www.basenji.org) but it says only a few registered breeder are listed. Does anyone know of any others within 3 or 400 miles of NYC?Also, whats the latest date that most waiting list usually fill up?

• go to infodog.com and look up shows in and around the nyc area over the last year or two (like westminster kc, somerset hills kc, westchester kc. when you go to show results you will see the names and location of the breeders and be able to narrow down your search. this actually will take some time and research, but you know it will be worth it :)good luck