How big do you think a rat terrier - dalmatian will get?

I have a 2 month old rat terrier, dalmation. Right now, he's about 10 or so inches at the shoulders. How big do you think he'll be by the time he stops growing?

I have a 2 month old rat terrier, dalmation. Right now, he's about 10 or so inches at the shoulders. How big do you think he'll be by the time he stops growing?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How big do you think a rat terrier - dalmatian will get?...

• How big do you think a rat terrier - dalmatian will get?

How big do you think a rat terrier - dalmatian will get? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 2 month old rat terrier, dalmation. Right now, he's about 10 or so inches at the shoulders. How big do you think he'll be by the time he stops growing?

How big do you think a rat terrier - dalmatian will get? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It depends if the rat terrier he was crossed with was standard, mid, or toy. Male dalmatians can get up to 58-61 cm. If crossed with a toy or mid sized rat terrier then i doubt he would make it that big. If it was a toy rat terrier then they can get up to 20cm, mid-sized can grow 20-35cm and standard 35-58cm. If the rat terrier was standard sized then he has every chance of being 58cm. Mutts are unpredictable though.

• That's such a total mismatch that there's no way to tell. You didn't say if he mother was the rat terrier or if it was the dalmation. Genetically, the rule is the pups have the potential of being anywhere between mom's size and dad's size. With this great a size difference, it's a real impossible task to estimate. By the time the pup is about 4 to 5 months old, the paws should give you some idea if the pup will be bigger. You should ask your vet when you take the pup in for a visit and puppy shots. -!-

• man that must have been hard for the parents to get it on... which one is the mom? usually they will end up being closer to the size of the mom in these cases.