How often do I shower my west highland terrier pup?

My dog is only 10 months old, 6 kgs, a white west highland terrier and her fur is quiet long, and I am pretty confused how often i should shower her. She hates showers and baths though...Should i shower her with cold or hot water?

My dog is only 10 months old, 6 kgs, a white west highland terrier and her fur is quiet long, and I am pretty confused how often i should shower her. She hates showers and baths though...Should i shower her with cold or hot water?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How often do I shower my west highland terrier pup?...

• How often do I shower my west highland terrier pup?

How often do I shower my west highland terrier pup? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog is only 10 months old, 6 kgs, a white west highland terrier and her fur is quiet long, and I am pretty confused how often i should shower her. She hates showers and baths though...Should i shower her with cold or hot water?

How often do I shower my west highland terrier pup? Dog Breed Discussions
    • you shouldn't shower her too often because then her natural body fat wich keeps her hot will dissappear and you shouldn't use too cold or too hot water because she is too smallHope this helps :)

• You should groom her daily and have her fur clipped back to stop skin infections. You should not need to keep bathing her unless she is rolling in feaces or has fleas You can however get Johnson's dry powder shampoo or foam for animals, which stops you having to bath her if she does get grubby.When you have to shower her use warm water like you would a baby and make the shower quick and no messing so the dog will know what to expect each time.

• terriers need some special grooming, see if you find a dog grooming course or if the breeder you bought her from can teach you. Minimize baths, but use cold water when you do, and use a mild shampoo, diluted first. Regular brushing will reduce the frequency a dog needs to be bathed.

• The best way to answer this question is to say bath her with warm water as often as she needs it. Here is a link about West Highland White Terrier bathing and grooming http://www.canadawestieclub.ca/westies/FAQ.html and here is a general bathing link http://www.healthypet.com/faq_view.aspx?ID=19&sid=1Both of those should give you good information

• Just bath her whenever shes dirty, if you bath her constantly she'll end up with skin problems, and as a Westie owner myself, I know that Westie's are prone to those sort of illnesses if you don't care for them properly.Just bath whenever she's dirty and she'll be fine, and she's still young, she'll get used to bathing eventually.

• I have a 13 month old westie. Our vet told us to have her clipped every 4-6 months; brush her daily; and bathe her about every other week at most - one per month is best. This is because Westie's have extremely sensitive, dry sky and it gets very irritated if they are bathed too often. Slightly warm water is best for their skin, and we use a whitening shampoo for puppies (because the puppy formula is easier on their skin). Hope that helps!