How will my Cairn Terrier get along with my new lab puppy?

I have a 3 year old Cairn Terrier ( male and fixed ). We are getting an 8 week old British Labrador. What do I need to do to make sure they will get along together? The Cairn Terrier sleeps inside ( in the bed with us ), but the other dog will be an…

I have a 3 year old Cairn Terrier ( male and fixed ). We are getting an 8 week old British Labrador. What do I need to do to make sure they will get along together? The Cairn Terrier sleeps inside ( in the bed with us ), but the other dog will be an…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How will my Cairn Terrier get along with my new lab puppy?...

• How will my Cairn Terrier get along with my new lab puppy?

How will my Cairn Terrier get along with my new lab puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 3 year old Cairn Terrier ( male and fixed ). We are getting an 8 week old British Labrador. What do I need to do to make sure they will get along together? The Cairn Terrier sleeps inside ( in the bed with us ), but the other dog will be an outdoor dog.

How will my Cairn Terrier get along with my new lab puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • how awful to isolate a lab outside... labs are highly highly social ( as are all dogs) and to isolate her would be very very cruel... your dogs , if trained and treated correctly would definitely grow to be very good friends.. why on earth would you want a dog only to not let it be in the house and part of the family... my advise would be to NOT get the lab...

• Hey well i don't have a lab or terrier but i do hav a big (outside) dog that is and Australian Shepard and a little (lap dog) Chihuahua. We got Sparky first, big dog and then the little dog, Taco but they are like totally best friends now! Its so cute. Sparky sleeps out in the kitchen and is fine with Taco sleeping with us so i don't think that will be a problem. But one thing we definitely do is don't have toys around!!!!!!Because usually the bigger dog will take them but i don't know if that is just because she is older. Well i hope my situation helped you to see that it doesn't really matter the size, just the heart.