How do I get my boston terrier to catch the frisby?

My boston terrier is fast enough to catch the frisby, but when I through it, he just waits for it to land in front of him on the ground and then pick it up. Does anyone know how to get my dog to catch it not wait till it lands on the ground?

My boston terrier is fast enough to catch the frisby, but when I through it, he just waits for it to land in front of him on the ground and then pick it up. Does anyone know how to get my dog to catch it not wait till it lands on the ground?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I get my boston terrier to catch the frisby?...

• How do I get my boston terrier to catch the frisby?

How do I get my boston terrier to catch the frisby? Dog Breed Discussions
      My boston terrier is fast enough to catch the frisby, but when I through it, he just waits for it to land in front of him on the ground and then pick it up. Does anyone know how to get my dog to catch it not wait till it lands on the ground?

How do I get my boston terrier to catch the frisby? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Why do you care?! Who cares if he just picks it up or jumps for it - maybe frisbee isnt his thing!!If hes having fun thats all that matters... It is not compulsary for a dog to catch a frisbee!

• For some dogs it is natural. I have a Boston Terrier too and you have to encourage her to jump as she was taught NO JUMPING by the breeder. It may be that she'll never be a Frisbee dog.

• Not every breed can do that. I don't think Boston Terriers are into jumping like the Jack Russel Terrier. Other dogs like Border Collies are bred to herd sheep and they are very good to train for chasing and jumping too but it's still not an easy trick to teach. Honestly, I wouldn't bother unless the dog was very jumpy. Besides, if they can't leap several feet into the air they're going to have a hard time catching it. If they're not physically capable then they won't even try, right? Another consideration...they might injury themself. I'd stick with just playin fetch....frisbee, ball, stick...they love it all.