I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ?

Should I get a playmate for my Lilly who is very high strung, Charlotte the basset hound is very quiet. but two females what do you think?She does have her walks and a huge yard we play in. Is it true beagles love obstacle courses? I thinking ofmaking…

I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ?

Should I get a playmate for my Lilly who is very high strung, Charlotte the basset hound is very quiet. but two females what do you think?She does have her walks and a huge yard we play in. Is it true beagles love obstacle courses? I thinking ofmaking…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ?...

• I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ?

I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ? Dog Breed Discussions
      Should I get a playmate for my Lilly who is very high strung, Charlotte the basset hound is very quiet. but two females what do you think?She does have her walks and a huge yard we play in. Is it true beagles love obstacle courses? I thinking ofmaking her one for the summer?I have watched the Dog Whisperer, the beagle was the only dog he kind of couldnt calm down verbally :(

I have a female beagle highstrung I have to chance of another female basset hound ? Dog Breed Discussions
    • 2 females together are fine, are you ready for the commitment of 2 dogs? don't rely on one to settle the other, the good thing though is they will keep each other company and hopefully play together- more likely the younger they are.

• Don't get another dog expecting him to entertain your current dog. Dogs don't work like that. It's your responsibility to exercise your dog. Beagles are VERY active breeds, and require an incredible amount of exercise, and brain teasers and a job.Start exercising your Beagle more, and dont get another dog.

• Listen to Pit Bull, absolutely correct. The Basset Hound will not calm the Beagle. Exercise and mental stimulation and time will calm the Beagle. Spaying her will also help if you haven't already done so.If you do decide to get another dog, ask her breeder about getting another female dog. In some dog breeds the females tend not to get along with other females.