why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning?

my basset hound paws at the side of my bed and whines,keeping me up all night.I take her out to potty,she is ok for a little while then whining until i get up,it"s driving me crazy!what does she want?

why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning?

my basset hound paws at the side of my bed and whines,keeping me up all night.I take her out to potty,she is ok for a little while then whining until i get up,it"s driving me crazy!what does she want?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning?...

• why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning?

why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning? Dog Breed Discussions
      my basset hound paws at the side of my bed and whines,keeping me up all night.I take her out to potty,she is ok for a little while then whining until i get up,it"s driving me crazy!what does she want?

why does my basset hound whine at the side of my bed every night and early morning? Dog Breed Discussions
    • She wants your attention. By getting up and aknowledging her you are telling her that "If you whine, you will get attention." Stop giving her what she wants. Either crate her during the night or place her in a dog proofed room like the kitchen, laundry room, or bathroom.

• Sounds like she wants to be near you. do you have a create, if not get one put a blanket in it and some toys. It will take your pup a little while to get use to your rules. Hang in there and don't give in. Try using the create often Thur out the day so she gets use to it.