best way to make a basset hound happy?

I have a 7yr old basset hound and I am looking for a couple things to make him happier and enjoy the last half of his life. I understand that spending time with him is the best, I spend nearly 95% of the day with him but looking for anything else. He…

I have a 7yr old basset hound and I am looking for a couple things to make him happier and enjoy the last half of his life. I understand that spending time with him is the best, I spend nearly 95% of the day with him but looking for anything else. He…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : best way to make a basset hound happy?...

• best way to make a basset hound happy?

best way to make a basset hound happy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 7yr old basset hound and I am looking for a couple things to make him happier and enjoy the last half of his life. I understand that spending time with him is the best, I spend nearly 95% of the day with him but looking for anything else. He goes everywhere with me in the car or just to the mail box, everywhere.

best way to make a basset hound happy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It all depends on your dog’s physical mobility. If he’s in decent shape, try taking him on long walks, or hike with him. However, not all adult dogs are fit enough for rigorous exercise. If you have a yard, you could grab a handful of treats and place them on the ground, at various locations. Then, allow him to rummage around and sniff them out. If your dog knows a ‘stay’ command, you can play ‘hide and seek’. You can have him ‘stay’, while you go off and hide. Then, call his name, and have him search for you. He’s got a powerful sense of smell, so make it challenging!