Where can I buy a basset hound puppy?

I have been looking to adopt a basset hound puppy, but am having a problem finding a breeder in the NYS area! Preferably one who does not ask $1,000 + for the pup...please help!

I have been looking to adopt a basset hound puppy, but am having a problem finding a breeder in the NYS area! Preferably one who does not ask $1,000 + for the pup...please help!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where can I buy a basset hound puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where can I buy a basset hound puppy?

Where can I buy a basset hound puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have been looking to adopt a basset hound puppy, but am having a problem finding a breeder in the NYS area! Preferably one who does not ask $1,000 + for the pup...please help!

Where can I buy a basset hound puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • NY is a pretty busy state. Before you go looking at the pet stores, check out an animal rescue or shelter first for a basset houng puppy. Do you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE a basset hound, though? Who knows? If you visit your local shelter, you might just find a dog you fall in LOVE with and it could be a totally different breed. Broaden your horizons. Save a life <3

• Why don't you help a poor senior or adult animal that has lived most of its life in a shelter in a cage. You wanting to buy a puppy from a breeder puts fuel on the fire for more animals to be killed each day because of a lack of space in shelters. it is because of you that we have this problem. I'm sure you can find a perfectly sweet basset hound, around the age of 1 or 2 in a shelter that needs a home. How dare you.

• Go to the national breed club and find a reputable breederhttp://basset-bhca.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212:new-york&catid=54:usa&Itemid=65

• You'll have better luck looking somewhere not in your area. You can always have one shipped to you. Click the link and it'll open a page from there you can just put your zip code in and it'll show some breeders.

• If you are set on a bassett pup then you may not find one for under $1,000 from a reputable breeder. You can find reputable breeders through the national breed club website , which has already been posted. You can also go to a local dog show and find possible reputable breeders there but even then you still need to do your own homework to make sure they are truly reputable. If the initial price is an issue then you should search for a bassett rescue and find a young dog or wait for a pup to become available. If you go to a website like Craiglist, ebayclassified, puppyfind or any other irreputable website your initial cost may be low but it will be much higher down the road.