Why does my Basset Hound have extra long legs?

Our purebread Basset Hound has very long legs compaired to all his siblings from the same litter. His mother who we know well is normal size as is his father who is a supreme champion. It's amazing to see as he is taller than our labrador and he is…

Our purebread Basset Hound has very long legs compaired to all his siblings from the same litter. His mother who we know well is normal size as is his father who is a supreme champion. It's amazing to see as he is taller than our labrador and he is…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my Basset Hound have extra long legs?...

• Why does my Basset Hound have extra long legs?

Why does my Basset Hound have extra long legs? Dog Breed Discussions
      Our purebread Basset Hound has very long legs compaired to all his siblings from the same litter. His mother who we know well is normal size as is his father who is a supreme champion. It's amazing to see as he is taller than our labrador and he is still only 9 months old. Everywhere we go people adore him as he is so good natured but nobody can guess that he is a basset. At 5 months we took him to see one of his brothers from the same litter and it's just like looking at Little and Large.

Why does my Basset Hound have extra long legs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Are you for 100% certain he is PURE bred?.If he is, possibly the parents were of a cappy bloodline,and thus why the pups aren't quality pups.Let me guess.. they are CKC registered right?