Basset hounds are the best breed of dogs right?

Nothing against other breeds, but basset hounds are adorable and hilarious and loving so just wondering what other people think about them. If you are unfamiliar with the breed, Google them! They're so adorable!:)

Nothing against other breeds, but basset hounds are adorable and hilarious and loving so just wondering what other people think about them. If you are unfamiliar with the breed, Google them! They're so adorable!:)...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Basset hounds are the best breed of dogs right?...

• Basset hounds are the best breed of dogs right?

Basset hounds are the best breed of dogs right? Dog Breed Discussions
      Nothing against other breeds, but basset hounds are adorable and hilarious and loving so just wondering what other people think about them. If you are unfamiliar with the breed, Google them! They're so adorable!:)

Basset hounds are the best breed of dogs right? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No the best breed is a crossbreed, they are the healthiest most smartest dogs. I feel sooooooooo sorry for basset hounds they get terrible health problems with their eyes, ears, backs, legs everything, basset hound breeders are actually really fucking cruel.

• They have too many health problems. My aunt had one who got really bad arthritis at 4 years old. He would snap at anyone who touched his back or back legs.

• We had a basset hound when I was growing up, the puppies are like super cute (I remember he would be running and trip over his ears!) The adult dogs are pretty good with kids but they can be a bit noisy (although the bark of the basset isn't nearly as annoying as some of those tiny, rat-like dogs). They sometime howl just like wolves. They also can be a bit stubborn and the stubby little legs are quite powerful; when walking the basset, be prepared to get dragged through mud, pricker bushes, etc if it gets the scent of of rabbit or whatever. I wouldn't count on protection from a basset, the response to strangers could vary from complete barking frenzy to maybe lifting one eyelid half way open.

• Of course they are if that is what you like! I personally prefer pugs because that is what I have. Almost everyone thinks whatever kind of dog they have is the cutest, funniest, snuggliest, most loyal, etc. Actually, I love all critters, well except maybe ticks, mosquitoes, fleas, and other biting bugs! LOL!