What is the best colored Basset Hound?

I really want a basset hound and i want to get some opinions on their fur color(s)

I really want a basset hound and i want to get some opinions on their fur color(s)...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best colored Basset Hound?...

• What is the best colored Basset Hound?

What is the best colored Basset Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      I really want a basset hound and i want to get some opinions on their fur color(s)

What is the best colored Basset Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It really makes no difference - and there are loads of different colour combinations in the breed! Having said that, people do say that the temperament of the lines that carry red or lemon and white are different, more laid back than the traditional tricolour. But that may be purely down to those bloodlines, not colour-specific. Although we usually had tricolours, I had one lemon/white boy in a litter, who was completely different to my tricolours - and as a puppy, the only bicolour in the litter, he'd lie right up the other end of the box, away from his litter-mates!! He was more 'human' than hound and I always felt I knew him from a previous life, as a human.My preference is for the dark tricolour, with tan eye tabs, and I love the black ticking too. But over here (UK) because we had a big winner who was a red/white, everybody seems to have gone down that road. I like a pale lemon/white, in a b itch however. But I'm basically a dark tri girl LOL.Practically, if you live somewhere where it gets hot, it's a fact that the dark tris do suffer more in the heat than the lighter-coloured hounds and that might be worth considering when you choose your Basset.Go to a good breeder - this breed has suffered over the years from popularity = puppy mills cashing in. If you are in America, find a breeder via the BHCA website. In the UK, call the Secretary of the BHC who will give you names of people with litters (thin on the ground right now!) and those who are 'reputable'. Have fun.