Do you think a basset hound and a english bulldog would get along good?

We have an 8 month old female spayed basset hound. We would like to get another dog for a playmate for her. I was thinking about getting a english <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=c7abe243f548ea72abc57253ddddeb2bc541a21a">bulldog</a>. Do you think the would get along good. Also should I get a male or female?

We have an 8 month old female spayed basset hound. We would like to get another dog for a playmate for her. I was thinking about getting a english <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=c7abe243f548ea72abc57253ddddeb2bc541a21a">bulldog</a>. Do you think the would get along good. Also should I get a male or female?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Do you think a basset hound and a english bulldog would get along good?...

• Do you think a basset hound and a english bulldog would get along good?

Do you think a basset hound and a english bulldog would get along good? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have an 8 month old female spayed basset hound. We would like to get another dog for a playmate for her. I was thinking about getting a english bulldog. Do you think the would get along good. Also should I get a male or female?

Do you think a basset hound and a english bulldog would get along good? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A male would be best because sometimes females can become a bit dominant with each other, a male is a bit better without possible problems. The two breeds themselves should get along together, the question is not the breed, but the dog itself. It is up to you for if you get a dog friendly one, or not, and also it depends on how you introduce them to one another. Show them to one another slowly and allow them to become use to each other, don't just dump them both right next to one another for this could cause a negative effect. The male you should also get spayed, for this would help too. If you really wanted a female, be sure she is spayed, and she isn't all too dominant, because if they both are, it could cause fights in the future.

• Sorry the crystal ball is in the shop. Seriously how should we know? Its your dog, you should know how she gets on with other dogs and other females. We don't so we can't say how she would get on with another dog, since that comes down to temperament and training, none of which we have been involved in. Best bet would probably be male to avoid any possibility of same sex aggression.