How do I successfully train my coon hound puppy?

I was wondering how i can train my 10 month old blue tick coon hound puppy? I just got him and he has never been started before. I'm just now showing him a coon tail and he'll mess around and play with it for awhile and then will become uninterested. Any…

I was wondering how i can train my 10 month old blue tick coon hound puppy? I just got him and he has never been started before. I'm just now showing him a coon tail and he'll mess around and play with it for awhile and then will become uninterested. Any…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I successfully train my coon hound puppy?...

• How do I successfully train my coon hound puppy?

How do I successfully train my coon hound puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
      I was wondering how i can train my 10 month old blue tick coon hound puppy? I just got him and he has never been started before. I'm just now showing him a coon tail and he'll mess around and play with it for awhile and then will become uninterested. Any ideas on how to gradually train him? Answers will greatly be appreciated!! Top answer 25 points!

How do I successfully train my coon hound puppy? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Before trying to teach your dog to hunt, YOU need to learn about scent, tracking and introducing quarry to a dog.Showing him and letting him play with a racoon tail teaches him nothing. So, before you screw your dog up, get in contact with some REAL coon hunters. Even better, go to a coon hunt without your dog and watch how the other dogs work and talk to their handlers.