What can you tell me about hound dogs?

What do you think is the best kind of hound?I've always been rather fond of the Redbone Coonhound, The Bluetick Coonhound (like Smokey), and the Black and Tan Coon hound.But what are pros and cons to owning a hound dog. They are just great dogs in my…

What do you think is the best kind of hound?I've always been rather fond of the Redbone Coonhound, The Bluetick Coonhound (like Smokey), and the Black and Tan Coon hound.But what are pros and cons to owning a hound dog. They are just great dogs in my…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What can you tell me about hound dogs?...

• What can you tell me about hound dogs?

What can you tell me about hound dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      What do you think is the best kind of hound?I've always been rather fond of the Redbone Coonhound, The Bluetick Coonhound (like Smokey), and the Black and Tan Coon hound.But what are pros and cons to owning a hound dog. They are just great dogs in my opinion and I would love to have the priveledge of having a hound in my family in the future.Oh and what is your favorite type of hound

What can you tell me about hound dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I had to black and tan coonhounds! they were good dogs. but they needed to run every day! thank god i lived on a farm at the time! i think they make good dogs for hunting. and things like that! they do NOT make good indoor dogs! they smell and bark all the time! outdoors and hunting they are the BEST

• Hound dogs are good pets because they get along with everyone-- they were bred to run in packs, after all-- and are good watchdogs. Also, they tend to have shorter hair, so there is less shedding to deal with than with some types of dogs.Some downsides of owning a hound are that they do bark and howl a lot and are often prone to disobey, especially if they catch the scent of another animal! My favorite type of hound is the Beagle. I have had one for 10 years, and she's the best dog I've ever owned! She's friendly, gets along with people and other dogs perfectly.

• we have a beagle sheperd mix and she is the sweetest dog ever, very friendly and she's amazing with children, but she is 9 years old and she still isn't completely housebroken, and if she gets out the door loose, she won't come back for a day or two, her nose takes her far and she follows her nose everywhere and she also finds a way out of everything, she'll get out of her kennel, if we tie her up she'll find a way to get out of her collar, and her bark is very annoying, she has the hound bark, i know her bad points come from the beagle because we have two other sheperd mixes and they don't do any of those things.