How quickly will a rabbit spread Pasteurella to a chinchilla?

If a rabbit has pasteurella, is it likely to spread to a chinchilla quickly? Or could they be fine in the same room together for a long time before it spreads from the rabbit to the chinchilla?

If a rabbit has pasteurella, is it likely to spread to a chinchilla quickly? Or could they be fine in the same room together for a long time before it spreads from the rabbit to the chinchilla?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How quickly will a rabbit spread Pasteurella to a chinchilla?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How quickly will a rabbit spread Pasteurella to a chinchilla?

How quickly will a rabbit spread Pasteurella to a chinchilla? Other Pet Discussions
      If a rabbit has pasteurella, is it likely to spread to a chinchilla quickly? Or could they be fine in the same room together for a long time before it spreads from the rabbit to the chinchilla?

How quickly will a rabbit spread Pasteurella to a chinchilla? Other Pet Discussions
    • http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=666&S=5&SourceID=43 According to everything I could find online, chinchillas are susceptible to pasteurella viruses. The virus IS airborne and highly contagious among rabbits, so I wouldn't take a chance and expose the chin to the rabbit at all.

• Agrees, it is spreadable. Separate the two.I suggest also you should up your chinchillas nutrition so he has a better chance in fighting it/staying healthy. Mazuri & Oxbow are high quality pellets, & chins should always have a fresh supply of hay (Timothy or orchard). They also need vitamin C supplements on a daily basis to keep connective tissue healthy & prevent disease. For more information: http://www.chincare.com/HealthLifestyle/Nutrition.htm