How often should a 10 week old hound mix puppy eat/drink and poop?

He is a male hound mix puppy, he was just recently adopted (3 days ago), however he seems to be pooping and drinking quite a lot but only eating twice, when the shelter said he should eat three times a day. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior, or…

He is a male hound mix puppy, he was just recently adopted (3 days ago), however he seems to be pooping and drinking quite a lot but only eating twice, when the shelter said he should eat three times a day. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior, or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How often should a 10 week old hound mix puppy eat/drink and poop?...

• How often should a 10 week old hound mix puppy eat/drink and poop?

How often should a 10 week old hound mix puppy eat/drink and poop? Dog Breed Discussions
      He is a male hound mix puppy, he was just recently adopted (3 days ago), however he seems to be pooping and drinking quite a lot but only eating twice, when the shelter said he should eat three times a day. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior, or if he may need some help? He is quite obedient, he pees around 8 - 9 times a day and poops about five. He does normally poop outside, but had a few accidents.

How often should a 10 week old hound mix puppy eat/drink and poop? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Very normal.. They sleep a lot when they are puppies.. My puppies is now 6 months old and I swear thats all he does is poop and pee.. Puppies do eat 3 times a day but It is ok if they only eat 2. It is very natural. My puppy still sometimes eats only twice a day..

• Don't worry about the peeing part. He's just marking his scent to let other dogs know it's his territory. I'm a little concerned about the pooping paty. Maybe you shoould look for more info about this on the internet.