Are plott hounds good with small children?

I recently adopted a new Plott hound and she's full of puppy energy. I had some information about the breed, but not as much as i should have had. I was wondering if anyone out there has one and can tell me more about the breed or experiences they have…

I recently adopted a new Plott hound and she's full of puppy energy. I had some information about the breed, but not as much as i should have had. I was wondering if anyone out there has one and can tell me more about the breed or experiences they have…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are plott hounds good with small children?...

• Are plott hounds good with small children?

Are plott hounds good with small children? Dog Breed Discussions
      I recently adopted a new Plott hound and she's full of puppy energy. I had some information about the breed, but not as much as i should have had. I was wondering if anyone out there has one and can tell me more about the breed or experiences they have had with this breed. My husband and I are planning to have kids down the road also and i was wondering how they were with kids. Thanks for you help!

Are plott hounds good with small children? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Most hounds are real couch potatoes when they are in the house. In general, hounds are good with children. I have never heard anything different about Plotts. If she's well socialized she will probably be fine.

• Most Plotts are very good with children, however plotts are not good house pets. These dogs are made for hunting and are high energy. They will follow their noses, sometimes for miles. My plotts are bear dogs and will go for hours when I turn them loose on a bear. The energy is only going to go up as the dog ages until they are 5 years old or older. When you exercise them make sure it is in a dog park or other fenced in setting or you may never see them again! Unless you plan to hunt the dog you may want to go with a different breed if it's not to late.