What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound?

I have a 6 year old bassett hound, but she is left alone for about 4 hours during the day and i would like to get a 2nd dog to keep her company, preferably something small. What would be the best companion for her

I have a 6 year old bassett hound, but she is left alone for about 4 hours during the day and i would like to get a 2nd dog to keep her company, preferably something small. What would be the best companion for her...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound?...

• What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound?

What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 6 year old bassett hound, but she is left alone for about 4 hours during the day and i would like to get a 2nd dog to keep her company, preferably something small. What would be the best companion for her

What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • be really careful with that!! we though ours needed a companion and now we can't leave them alone together because they bicker constantly and at times, get INTO it.....we are working on socializing them and rewarding good behavior, but sometimes it is exhausting....it's been a month. things are getting better....but slowly. I don't know if we will ever fully trust them alone.good luck!!

• A beagle is an amazingly loving dog. I have a beagle/boxer mix and have always had boxers growing up and my husband has always had beagles. When we met....I bought this dog for my daugher. I would have never thought that he would turn out to be the BEST dog in the world. Seriously....he is incredible. Not only is he fun, loving and extremely cuddly, he is truly why we call this animal "Man's Best Friend". So with all that said.....my vote is for the Beagle.