How much do coon hounds cost to take care of?

I am thinking about buying a coon hound how much would the coon hound cost to buy and take care of.

I am thinking about buying a coon hound how much would the coon hound cost to buy and take care of....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much do coon hounds cost to take care of?...

• How much do coon hounds cost to take care of?

How much do coon hounds cost to take care of? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am thinking about buying a coon hound how much would the coon hound cost to buy and take care of.

How much do coon hounds cost to take care of? Dog Breed Discussions
    • same as any other dogs... go to akc.org and do some research on the breed.... thru there you will find reputable breeders, breed clubs etc.. meet these people and talk with them ,,, also go to dog shows and talk with coonhound exhibitors there.... $1000. + after purchasing, series of shots, etc. etc.

• There are many kinds of coonhounds,Blueticks,Redbone,Walker,Black and Tans and even Airedales will hunt coons .My Father has been in the Coon Dog Association for my whole life and has raised or owned many,many.It is a great sport and my children are now avid hunters both Deer and Coons.My father has bought and sold dogs for years off and on and still does at 75.It keeps him young the dogs treeing the coon walking to the tree ,shooting the coon out and then another great race!There is no telling how much he has spent on dogs over the years but I know of a few transactions rangeing from 500-2500 and some even more.He has been a great trainer of coon hounds and we love all different kinds of hunters.Go hunting with the dog and also see the parents to be sure if they have a nose.My father also requires that the dog stays on the tree until he gets there.He allows no dog to get off track and hunt anything during the hunt ie;Deer or rabit etc.Also he loves a dog that has a great bark and he can destinguish between the sound of the barks.For some reason yahoo keeps blocking the kind of dogs I am trying to mention it is funny I will try here again Treeing Walker hound and Blk and Tan hound.LOL