What is the average length of a Basset Hound at full grown?

I am looking at getting a cage and am thinking about getting one that I can use for a long time rather than buying multiples so I was wondering if anyone knew the average length of a full grown Basset Hound?Thanks

I am looking at getting a cage and am thinking about getting one that I can use for a long time rather than buying multiples so I was wondering if anyone knew the average length of a full grown Basset Hound?Thanks...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the average length of a Basset Hound at full grown?...

• What is the average length of a Basset Hound at full grown?

What is the average length of a Basset Hound at full grown? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am looking at getting a cage and am thinking about getting one that I can use for a long time rather than buying multiples so I was wondering if anyone knew the average length of a full grown Basset Hound?Thanks

What is the average length of a Basset Hound at full grown? Dog Breed Discussions
    • basset hounds range from medium to large dogs. i would get a large cage though, so your dog isn't squeezed in, they grow to about 2 and a half to 3 feet long

• You want a cage of large size, one that is built for a large dog, these little guys have been known to be from 2-3 1/2 feet long, and this an acceptable size, some tend to be smaller, but I would not take a chance, get an all wire cage that a Doberman can stand up in, this way, the dog will have plenty of roomand Pets Mart has their wire cages on sale now, for the good large one, just bought one yesterday, it was 179.00, I got it for 99.00 on sale.....and their cages are good, they do not rust at all.the basset hound, is up to 14" tall but have been measured as much as 16" tall....in larger males......also will vary in weight of 29-60 lbs..any hound color is acceptable.these are all standards of the AKC good luck on your new babyand they excellent pets, they love their humans and want to be with you all the time.....a puppy is so bouncy and loves to play, this breed tends to need the wrinkles around the face and mouth cleaned up more, as they do drool.but the other grooming maintenance is low, as they have very short good coats......'hope this helped your decision