Can a netherland dwarf rabbit and a Lion head rabbit get along?

I want to get my netherland dwarf rabbit a friend soon because I don't have a lot of time to socialize with her at the moment. So can a netherland dwarf and a lion head rabbit get along?I plan to anywhere except a pet store.

I want to get my netherland dwarf rabbit a friend soon because I don't have a lot of time to socialize with her at the moment. So can a netherland dwarf and a lion head rabbit get along?I plan to anywhere except a pet store....
    Other Pet Discussions : Can a netherland dwarf rabbit and a Lion head rabbit get along?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can a netherland dwarf rabbit and a Lion head rabbit get along?

Can a netherland dwarf rabbit and a Lion head rabbit get along? Other Pet Discussions
      I want to get my netherland dwarf rabbit a friend soon because I don't have a lot of time to socialize with her at the moment. So can a netherland dwarf and a lion head rabbit get along?I plan to anywhere except a pet store.

Can a netherland dwarf rabbit and a Lion head rabbit get along? Other Pet Discussions
    • It really depends on how they both act. When you go to where ever you are going to buy the lion head (very cute i had to say it) ask a worker about it. If he says they will then take his word for it by the way he's the expert not you.

• well you should take your current rabbit to a local shelter and ask if your two buns can interact with each other to see if they will get along (note this may take many sessions so be patient) if the first pair dont work out dont be discouraged keep trying, and dont force anything. good luck getting a lion head!

• There is no right combination of breeds for cage pairing. It is all about your current rabbit's temperament. If you are looking to find her a cage mate, try a younger female. Start slowly by having them sniff each other, etc in a neutral zone. Does (females) are very territorial. Putting a new rabbit into her cage will stress both of them out.You should expect to see one or both attempt to establish dominance. This is commonly accomplished by "humping." The alpha female will mount the other to show her she is the boss. This could take a week or more of supervised visits before they are ready to live together. I also suggest completely cleaning and disinfecting the cage they will be sharing when you move them in. This will take out the alpha females scent markings and lower the stress of the new bunny.