When will my basset hound calm down and be a normal basset?

She is a little over 1 year old, so anyone with a basset hound, when did yours calm down and how long should they be this crazy and hyper?

She is a little over 1 year old, so anyone with a basset hound, when did yours calm down and how long should they be this crazy and hyper?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When will my basset hound calm down and be a normal basset?...

• When will my basset hound calm down and be a normal basset?

When will my basset hound calm down and be a normal basset? Dog Breed Discussions
      She is a little over 1 year old, so anyone with a basset hound, when did yours calm down and how long should they be this crazy and hyper?

When will my basset hound calm down and be a normal basset? Dog Breed Discussions
    • A lot depends on what you do to keep your dog happy and busy, Do you talk a long walk daily? do you go to some kind of training like basic obedience or rally to give your dog some manners and understanding of basic commands to say nothing of tireing them out.Doing things WITH your dog is part of the fun of HAVING a dog.

• Your doggie is a normal basset. Unfortunately, each dog, even pedigree dogs from breeders, have their own personality. Though most dogs do calm down a bit during their first two years of life, your dogs personality may just be more active then most basset hounds. There are some reasons that your dog is so active, though. Is she getting enough exercise? Perhaps an hour at the dog park, a bike ride, long walk or tread mill could help to use up the excess energy? Fetch in the back yard or having her chase a laser pointer are also great ways to burn steam. Perhaps if you can burn her energy in an hour each day, she will be the lazy hound that you are seeking the rest of the time.

• Your dog is not crazy,she is just like other dogs you no.I have a 5 years old golden-retriever and she is all ways playful she was like that since she was a baby.And i have a 10 years old Pomeranian and she is a very calm dog since she was a baby and still calm now.It depend in all dogs every dogs is different,just like people are to.

• She is a normal basset.Most start to calm down around 2-3 years of age. However, I've had some that NEVER calmed down. For example, my Rosie is 6 1/2 and she's still crazy and hyper.Remember, Basset Hounds are a hunting breed, they're meant to be chasing rabbits all day. So you need to be giving her enough exercise and entertainment.

• Well dude, it may never. some dogs calm down(predominatly males) around age 3. However some dogs dont calm down for much longer. I happen 2 have a 1 year old bassett as well, it is still as rambunssious as the day i got her. Dude just wait a while and eventualy (in about 3 years) you will have a nice fat lazy dog