What is the tissue over a basset hound's eyes?

When my basset hound closes her eyes, some kind of tissue goes over her eyes. I figure it has something to do with bassets being out in the woods hunting. So what exactly is it? What does it do? And how does it help them?Thanks.

When my basset hound closes her eyes, some kind of tissue goes over her eyes. I figure it has something to do with bassets being out in the woods hunting. So what exactly is it? What does it do? And how does it help them?Thanks....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the tissue over a basset hound's eyes?...

• What is the tissue over a basset hound's eyes?

What is the tissue over a basset hound's eyes? Dog Breed Discussions
      When my basset hound closes her eyes, some kind of tissue goes over her eyes. I figure it has something to do with bassets being out in the woods hunting. So what exactly is it? What does it do? And how does it help them?Thanks.

What is the tissue over a basset hound's eyes? Dog Breed Discussions
    • As far as i know its just there skin. It protects the eyes from dirt and debris, because bassets haver their noses to the ground all the time. It also helps to collect the scents

• It is another eyelid. Well like everyone else said :-)I have a basset too and at first it was kinda freaky looking to me having no idea what it was. It really does show on them.