What do I need to do to keep my Basset Hound's ears clean?

I have been looking on a few websites and have seen there is a solution that you can buy or one that you can make at home to clean their ears. I was just wondering what all of you fellow basset hound owners use and what exactly I have to do to clean…

I have been looking on a few websites and have seen there is a solution that you can buy or one that you can make at home to clean their ears. I was just wondering what all of you fellow basset hound owners use and what exactly I have to do to clean…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What do I need to do to keep my Basset Hound's ears clean?...

• What do I need to do to keep my Basset Hound's ears clean?

What do I need to do to keep my Basset Hound's ears clean? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have been looking on a few websites and have seen there is a solution that you can buy or one that you can make at home to clean their ears. I was just wondering what all of you fellow basset hound owners use and what exactly I have to do to clean them. Thanks!

What do I need to do to keep my Basset Hound's ears clean? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There are too many brands of ear cleaners on the market to name them all. Just go to your local pet store and pick a brand. I have always liked Gold Medal Clean Ears. Just follow the directions on the bottle.

• you have to take special care of dogs with ears that are down like your dogair can not get into the ears very well and they can easily get yeast infections in their earsthere are many kinds of cleaners on the market the person at the pet store can tell you a good brand get one that saysear wash with tea tree oilit should say on the label that is is for cleaning and drying the ear canal.I use cotton make up padsdrip some of the cleaner on it and rub your dogs earthe floppy part do not go into the ear canal it's selfonce you have done that squirt some of the cleaner into the ear /put his ear down and rub the base of the ear you should hear it squishing around if you have enough cleaner in theredo this every time your dog has a bath or goes swimming or if she has been out in the rain and has gotten her ears wet.it is the moisture in the ears that causes yeast infectionscleaner that says that is dries the ear replaces the water and it will dry on it's own.because of using it every time she gets her ears wet that is why you want to have it with tea tree it will not dry out the skin tea tree is also an anti-fungal