How can I tell if my dog is a Plott Hound?

I got him from the Humane Society. He is brindle in color, with a white spot on his chest and a little white on his paws. The humane society thinks he's Plott Hound/ Blue Heeler mix. Is there any way I can tell if he actually has Plott in him?

I got him from the Humane Society. He is brindle in color, with a white spot on his chest and a little white on his paws. The humane society thinks he's Plott Hound/ Blue Heeler mix. Is there any way I can tell if he actually has Plott in him?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How can I tell if my dog is a Plott Hound?...

• How can I tell if my dog is a Plott Hound?

How can I tell if my dog is a Plott Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      I got him from the Humane Society. He is brindle in color, with a white spot on his chest and a little white on his paws. The humane society thinks he's Plott Hound/ Blue Heeler mix. Is there any way I can tell if he actually has Plott in him?

How can I tell if my dog is a Plott Hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • There is no way to tell for certain what his breed is. The DNA tests are just a rip off to get your money. They are very unreliable. The humane society is usually pretty close in their guesses. Over time you recognize traits in breeds and relate them to your rescues.