Are Hound dog breeds okay apartment dogs?

I've looked at PetFinder from my local shelter and found an amazing Hound breed and just wondering if they're okay in an apartment.Mean to have dogs in an apartment when there are dogs out there who are good in apartments? Really? And thousands and…

I've looked at PetFinder from my local shelter and found an amazing Hound breed and just wondering if they're okay in an apartment.Mean to have dogs in an apartment when there are dogs out there who are good in apartments? Really? And thousands and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are Hound dog breeds okay apartment dogs?...

• Are Hound dog breeds okay apartment dogs?

Are Hound dog breeds okay apartment dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've looked at PetFinder from my local shelter and found an amazing Hound breed and just wondering if they're okay in an apartment.Mean to have dogs in an apartment when there are dogs out there who are good in apartments? Really? And thousands and thousands of people have dogs in their apartment? Hmmmm.

Are Hound dog breeds okay apartment dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No because they like to run & play. They are more of a country dog. Dachshunds are good dogs if you want a apartment dog.I have one & he is adorable.Hope I Helped. :)

• Almost any dog can do okay in an apartment or condo if you are providing the correct amount of exercise and mental stimuli, at least as far as the "living" part. However, there's really no such thing as a quiet hound...their bay was intentionally designed to be heard from great distances so that their human counterpart could find them during the hunt. This means they will probably drive your neighbors completely crazy, who will in turn be a problem for your landlord, who will most likely be a pain in your butt to silence your dog...which, of course isn't all that possible, especially in your absence!

• if your neighbors dont mind a dog that constantly talks...and i mean loudly...hounds are one of the LOUDEST dogs. i have a coonhound/lab mix and he talks(bark/bay/groooowwweeell) when he is peeing outside when hes eating when hes bored i love that he does and luckily i live next to a vet clinic so my dog cant be singled out.