Is it true that blood hounds get their feelings hurt easily?

We have an almost 6 month year old hound/lab puppy. I heard that hounds get their feelings hurt easily. I have seen this first hand because he wants to play with our cat, and he cries and whines when she ignores him. He also looks very sad after we yell…

We have an almost 6 month year old hound/lab puppy. I heard that hounds get their feelings hurt easily. I have seen this first hand because he wants to play with our cat, and he cries and whines when she ignores him. He also looks very sad after we yell…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it true that blood hounds get their feelings hurt easily?...

• Is it true that blood hounds get their feelings hurt easily?

Is it true that blood hounds get their feelings hurt easily? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have an almost 6 month year old hound/lab puppy. I heard that hounds get their feelings hurt easily. I have seen this first hand because he wants to play with our cat, and he cries and whines when she ignores him. He also looks very sad after we yell at him for doing something wrong. Its our first dog we have had for awhile. Is it true they get their feelings hurt easily?

Is it true that blood hounds get their feelings hurt easily? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Not really. When he whines and cries because the cat won't play with him, he is basically trying to figure out a way to engage the cat in a play and doesn't quite know how. When he looks sad when you yell at him for doing something wrong, its because he KNOWS that what he did was bad. The thing I would definitely try is to put him into situations where he will always succeed and make a VERY big deal about it when he does something you want him to do.