What would be some fun activities to do with my Walker hound?

I just adopted a walker hound and I need some ideas about how to get her some good exercise. I have to take things slow because she has had a rough life, and currently prefers laying on the couch. Unfortunately, I don't have a yard I can let her run…

I just adopted a walker hound and I need some ideas about how to get her some good exercise. I have to take things slow because she has had a rough life, and currently prefers laying on the couch. Unfortunately, I don't have a yard I can let her run…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What would be some fun activities to do with my Walker hound?...

• What would be some fun activities to do with my Walker hound?

What would be some fun activities to do with my Walker hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      I just adopted a walker hound and I need some ideas about how to get her some good exercise. I have to take things slow because she has had a rough life, and currently prefers laying on the couch. Unfortunately, I don't have a yard I can let her run around in. I have been taking her on walks. Since hounds have such strong noses, people always caution you to keep them on a leash. Does anyone have any experience with hounds that may be helpful?

What would be some fun activities to do with my Walker hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • teach him "hide and seek" hounds like to use their nose, so take a treat and give it to her, then take another treat have her smell it and put it in a obveious place while she is watching and say find it, praise her when she finds is. Do this for a few days and gradually hide the treat in harder places, then do it when she is not looking, then when you say find it she knows she is looking for something.Hot dogs are good cause you can leave a sent trail with those.Another thing you can do on walks is practice heeling, sitting and comming when called on leash. Bring treats in your pocket for praise. Does she like toys. Bring a favorite toy, play fetch and retrieve some hounds will still retrieve.