Is it normal for my basset hound to be picky about her belly being touched?

My basset hound is one week pregnant. A couple of days ago she became very picky about her belly being touched. She is normally a very dosal, sweet dog. I am wondering if this is normal this early in pregnancy?

My basset hound is one week pregnant. A couple of days ago she became very picky about her belly being touched. She is normally a very dosal, sweet dog. I am wondering if this is normal this early in pregnancy?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it normal for my basset hound to be picky about her belly being touched?...

• Is it normal for my basset hound to be picky about her belly being touched?

Is it normal for my basset hound to be picky about her belly being touched? Dog Breed Discussions
      My basset hound is one week pregnant. A couple of days ago she became very picky about her belly being touched. She is normally a very dosal, sweet dog. I am wondering if this is normal this early in pregnancy?

Is it normal for my basset hound to be picky about her belly being touched? Dog Breed Discussions
    • this is goin to sound odd but its possible for a female dog to have ahernia... their is so many things it could be but if she gets aggressive then its pain and you need to take her to a vet

• My Basset just had a set of puppies and she definitely didn't want her belly touched during the pregnancy. She wasn't aggressive or anything, she'd just shy away if you tried to touch it. She was just trying to protect the babies. If she is aggressive, you may want to get it checked out, otherwise, she's probably just fine.