Can a basset hound have short ears and a small body?

My dog was supposed to be a full-blooded basset hound but she doesn't seem to be. Shes almost two and we don't think he's going to grow anymore. She has smaller ears (like a beagle I think) but she's short and her body isn't very long at all. Is she…

My dog was supposed to be a full-blooded basset hound but she doesn't seem to be. Shes almost two and we don't think he's going to grow anymore. She has smaller ears (like a beagle I think) but she's short and her body isn't very long at all. Is she…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can a basset hound have short ears and a small body?...

• Can a basset hound have short ears and a small body?

Can a basset hound have short ears and a small body? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog was supposed to be a full-blooded basset hound but she doesn't seem to be. Shes almost two and we don't think he's going to grow anymore. She has smaller ears (like a beagle I think) but she's short and her body isn't very long at all. Is she maybe a beagle basset? Or a little basset hound?

Can a basset hound have short ears and a small body? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Term you're looking for is "purebred", not "full-blooded". Yes - by two years of age, she is DONE growing.And it IS possible for her to be a purebred Basset - there are many BYB out there who breed pet animals that don't meet the standard, and that can account for physical faults (such as short ears or a short body).If she didn't come with AKC papers then it's just as likely that she's a mixed breed hound.

• You dog is probably not a purebred! (full blooded) Bassets are known for their long years and body. Do oyu have a dashound? Those have beagle ears and a long but short body. Maybe you want to ask the breeder if she bred the dog with another dog to get across breed. I hope i was helpful but normally bassets do not have short ears!

• In order to have full blood for any breed,there are specific characteristics that give the particular appearance to each breed, if your dog does not meet those,simply it is not full blood.