What is a reputable beagle breeder web site where you can get a beagle from PA?

I dont want to have to go out of my state to get a beagle puppy. The website has to be reputable with NO traces of a puppy mill!!!!!

I dont want to have to go out of my state to get a beagle puppy. The website has to be reputable with NO traces of a puppy mill!!!!!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is a reputable beagle breeder web site where you can get a beagle from PA?...

• What is a reputable beagle breeder web site where you can get a beagle from PA?

What is a reputable beagle breeder web site where you can get a beagle from PA? Dog Breed Discussions
      I dont want to have to go out of my state to get a beagle puppy. The website has to be reputable with NO traces of a puppy mill!!!!!

What is a reputable beagle breeder web site where you can get a beagle from PA? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Reputable breeders will not sell you a dog without you coming in person. So they can see how you and the dog interact. You really shouldn't want to buy a dog without visiting either, because it's important for the buyer to see where the dog was whelped, in a home around kids and family, or in a cage out in the barn. Seeing the parents helps too. I would call around local vets and ask them for beagle breeders, most vets have a huge book of breeders of every breed right in their office, they'd be happy to mail or fax you the info (they want your business in the future!) here's a list to help discern the difference from a puppy mill/byb and reputable breeder:http://www.hkc.org/breederchoice.htmand my favorite question to ask which almost all bybs do not know is "What is the beagles(or whatever breed you are looking at) length and height for breed standard" If they don't know, they are not a good breeder.ADD: "Tess" (the user below) is completely wrong. Reputable breeders do genetic health testings that are breed specific in order to try to breed out hereditary problems and genetic illnesses like hip dysplasia, cancers, epilepsy, etc. Of course how the puppy and dog is cared for throughout his life will also influence these factors, but making them as least predisposed to genetic/physical and tempermental disorders as possible greatly will raise the chances for healthier dogs. 10-12 million dogs are being euthanized in shelters because of overpopulation each year. BYBs and puppymills sell overpriced sick RUNTS and mutts and SICK purebreeds. Not reputable breeders. There are over 4,000 puppymills in the united states (that are known). There's no shortage of supply for BADLY bred, abused/neglected dogs.

• Here is the Website for the national Beagle Club. Look for local breed clubs in your area and contact any member. http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/Avoid sites like puppyfind, nextdaypets, puppies4you, puppydogweb, breeders.com .... These are all fronts for puppy mills and sleazy back yard breeders.

• Let me clear up a misconception, first of all. Any good breeder will not have puppies available all of the time, and will certainly not sell their dogs over a website. Good breeders will run a website to showcase their champion dogs, as well as offer their contact information for prospective beagle owners. Nowhere will you see PayPal information or credit card information for ordering a dog like you would order a pair of jeans from eBay.Here is the website for the Central Beagle Club of Pennsylvania, located in Gibsonia: http://www.centralbeagleclub.com/ And here is the National Beagle Club website's page of breeders: http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/breeders_list.htm They list 5 breeders in your state, so be sure to use this breeder checklist to make sure you're not getting a puppy mill or backyard breeder (think a small-scale puppy mill) dog (courtesy of Woodhaven Labs): http://dogplay.com/GettingDog/checklist.html It's important to find a breeder that not only shows their dogs and wins championships, but screens their breeding stock for painful inherited problems like faulty hips and elbows, malformation of the heart, predisposition to cancers, STDs, etc., because allowing genetically sick animals to breed and create more is not only unethical, it deprives those dogs of a long and healthy life and drains your bank account to pay for excessive veterinary bills.I hope this is helpful to you, and I wish you the best of luck!EDIT: My goodness, where are these misguided people coming from?Okay, here's a scenario for ya, Tess.You decide you want to buy a dog . . . let's say, a labrador retriever. Now, as there are genetic problems in EVERY breed of dog, the labrador retriever is especially prone to:Hip dysplasia (which cripples the dog)Elbow dysplasia (which cripples the dog)Cardiomyopathy (inflammation of the heart, which is fatal)Tricuspid valve dysplasia (inefficient heart, which strains the rest of the body, and if severe, will kill the dog before its 1st birthday)PRA, or progressive retinal atrophy (which renders the dog permanently blind)Centronuclear myopathy (similar to Muscular Dystrophy in humans, an early wasting away of the muscle tissue, which cripples the dog)EpilepsyHypothyroidismJuvenile cataractsSo if you have the option of choosing to buy a quality, healthy puppy from a breeder that shows and fully health certifies their dogs, but had to pay $1,100 or perhaps more for the dog, you'd rather pay only $300 for a puppy from a backyard breeder and watch its life unfold and watch your new best friend suffer through these diseases and have a poor quality of life and die young, because the backyard breeder didn't care enough to screen their dogs?!?!Really. That's pretty sick and twisted. But you're right!! Good breeders can ONLY be in it for the money. I mean, it's not like they show and work their dogs and spend every minute and penny on their dogs and love them to pieces.Oh, wait. Yes they do! And since we're talking labradors, again courtesy of Woodhaven Labs, a quick overview of how much a whelping is: http://www.godivalabs.com/cost.htmlGet your facts straight, please. I'm so tired of bad information spoken as 'truth' here.

• I just want to make a comment on these so called " reputable breeders" yes they may do the right things to match up their puppies with good homes..i will give them that..but no matter how care full a person is to make sure their puppies are healthy doesn't always mean they are going to be healthy as adults or as babies for that matter any dog at any time no matter where they come from can have health issues. Basically all these breeders are after is money and that shows on what they charge for their pups OVER PRICED! a person can get just as good of a dog if not better from someone not over breeding their dogs to make puppies. People sit on here and bitch about putting more dogs into this world but yet they are quick to say buy a puppy from a reputable breeder! don't these people think for one min that these so called reputable breeders are adding to the unwanted dogs in this world???? they need to pull their heads from their butts before they speak. Yes you could adopt a dog from a shelter and help out with these unwanted dogs..but a lot of these dogs come from puppy mills and back yard breeders..or they have behavioral problems or other problems that a lot of people don't want to deal with. Now im not saying all these dogs have problems but a lot of them come from places that a lot of the people on here tell you NOT to buy one from..so tell me why its okay to get one of these dogs from a shelter? If everyone stopped breeding their dogs there would be no puppies for anyone to buy..so there will always be breeders out there selling puppies some will be healthy and some may not be so healthy its a gamble with any dog you get no matter who it comes from.