How well will a male Beagle and male GSD get along?

We are going to be adding a male Beagle to our family. We have done extensive research on the breed and believe it is best for our family. Our GSD is six years old, quite energetic yet calming down. The Beagle is a pup still around 12 weeks old. Will the…

We are going to be adding a male Beagle to our family. We have done extensive research on the breed and believe it is best for our family. Our GSD is six years old, quite energetic yet calming down. The Beagle is a pup still around 12 weeks old. Will the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How well will a male Beagle and male GSD get along?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How well will a male Beagle and male GSD get along?

How well will a male Beagle and male GSD get along? Dog Breed Discussions
      We are going to be adding a male Beagle to our family. We have done extensive research on the breed and believe it is best for our family. Our GSD is six years old, quite energetic yet calming down. The Beagle is a pup still around 12 weeks old. Will the male-on-male mix be more of a clash? I know this varies from dog to dog personality, but do anyone of you have experience with this?

How well will a male Beagle and male GSD get along? Dog Breed Discussions
    • We have GSD and dog sit a friends Beagle puppy and my GSD just ignored him the entire time. Like you said each dog is different. I would first experiment a local dog park and see what sized dog your dog gravitates too and then see what type of play he enjoys.When we got another dog we took did those things and determined that He would like a dog more his size he can wrestle with a bit. A rotty girl turned out to be a perfect friend