does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet?

Does the beagle just ignore the caged animal or does he always want to get at it... what i mean by caged like small pets umm birds, bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters... ect.

does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet?

Does the beagle just ignore the caged animal or does he always want to get at it... what i mean by caged like small pets umm birds, bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters... ect....
    Dog Breed Discussions : does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet?...

• does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet?

does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet? Dog Breed Discussions
      Does the beagle just ignore the caged animal or does he always want to get at it... what i mean by caged like small pets umm birds, bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters... ect.

does anyone out there own a beagle and a caged animal. How does the beagle react to the caged pet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • i don't have a beagle, but i do have a terrier. he sniffed and barked at my beardy, but eventually left it alone. but when i would let my bunny out, he would chase it. you should be fine, i would just advise not letting ur pet loose around your dog.

• I have a Beagle and she's VERY friendly to other people but she tries to kill small animals. Beagles are hunters, Its there instinct to go after other small animals. But if its in a cage I'm sure your dog will get used to it.

• I lived at home for a while with my families two beagles. They were puppies and the hermit crabs were in the same room. They ignored them for the most part. The hermit crabs were more interested in watching the puppies. Where as the puppies ignored them.Beagles and small mammals are not usually a good mix. Rabbits in particular if they are out with beagles might be a bad mix. Beagles are hunters and even if they have never hunted they will try to kill a small animal if given the chance.You can keep small animals with beagles just make sure the pets have their own room or can be kept apart from the dogs.At a pet expo I was at recently there were bunnies and beagles and no incidents. Even considering many of the beagles were rescued hunters they all behaved well.