When to switch beagle from puppy food to adult?

My beagle just turned 1 yr. February 5th. Also, what type of food do you feed your beagle?

My beagle just turned 1 yr. February 5th. Also, what type of food do you feed your beagle?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When to switch beagle from puppy food to adult?...

• When to switch beagle from puppy food to adult?

When to switch beagle from puppy food to adult? Dog Breed Discussions
      My beagle just turned 1 yr. February 5th. Also, what type of food do you feed your beagle?

When to switch beagle from puppy food to adult? Dog Breed Discussions
    • my puppy or dog just turned 1yrs old Feb. 14 and we switch her food to adult food but my dog is a Black Lab/ German Shepard(we are still trying to find the best food for her so sorry don't know what type of dog food)

• well when u go to a pet store look on sides or on the back of the food box and it well say the ages and types of food ur dog should be eating i have a 1yr old pit bull mix

• just make sure that when you introduce puppy with adult food or any new brand that you slowly introduce the food by mixing it with the old so its body can adjust accordingly otherwise it might throw it up. Puppy food has more fatts and oils in it that the puppy needs to grow so it is better to wait longer then to take it off sooner.

• 1yr-18 months is normal. Just slowly switch him/her over to the new food over a period of about 2 weeks (mix the old food with the new food- start with mostly the old food then gradually over about 2 weeks you'll go to more of the new food). Otherwise, the dog will get diarrhea.

• slow and steady wins the race.use mainly puppy to begin with and then lessen that and add adult food.use a brand suitable for the size of your dog. most packs tell you the suitability but if in doubt call the vet and ask.

• A Beagle can actually be switched over quite early with no adverse effect. One year is plenty long to have been on a puppy formula. They normally fill out at about 18 months.The other name for a Beagle is "chow hound", they aren't picky and will eat anything you put down. You will find that many dog food companies use Beagles for testing food formulas because of the ease of monitoring them. There are lots of foods out there that they will do just fine on. Just keep the protean and fat percentages within reason.

• I would personally look for a food which caters for a junior dog if you can - many food brands out there.If you want to remain on the brand you have now i would personally stick to the puppy food for another 4-5 months, though beware that Bealges have an easy habit of putting on weight very quickly. Puppy food will be higher in protein which they will need for growing.On the website below it states that a Beagle is not seen as an adult until 18 months old, so will still be growing until around that time.Though from reading what Tom has placed above and from his Avatar he is a Beagle owner so i would take details from someone who has them.

• Now is about the time to switch your dog. I don't have a beagle, but I feed my dogs mostly raw chicken, beef and pork. With alot of raw fruits and veggies and the occasional batch of brown rice. No need for me to feed a puppy/adult/senior food I just adjust the calorie amount based on my dogs growth and energy needs. They're a lot healthier for it.