My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle?

I want a beagle really bad. My sister's allergies are wierd. She pet a lab one time and touched her face and it blew up. She did the same thing but her face didnt get big, she stayed normal and there were no symptoms. People at the animal shelter i…

My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle?

I want a beagle really bad. My sister's allergies are wierd. She pet a lab one time and touched her face and it blew up. She did the same thing but her face didnt get big, she stayed normal and there were no symptoms. People at the animal shelter i…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle?...

• My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle?

My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want a beagle really bad. My sister's allergies are wierd. She pet a lab one time and touched her face and it blew up. She did the same thing but her face didnt get big, she stayed normal and there were no symptoms. People at the animal shelter i voulentier at said it may be the oil but im not sure. Can I get the beagle puppy there?

My sister is allergic to some dogs but not all particularly oily ones can i still get a beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • No a beagle wouldn't be good. But if you said she is not allergic to every breed of dog she may not be allergic to all dogs. You can try a beagle or you can look at this list of hypoallergenic dogs which are dogs without dander that will not bother her allergies. My mom is severly allergic to dogs but she petted a hypoallergenic dog called a Bichon Frise and she did not get sick at ALL!!!! Look at these breeds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoallergenic_dog_breeds

• Sure, you can get a Beagle, but your sister's allergies might go crazy. Allergies are generally caused by Dander, not "oil" as much. Your options would seem to be to wait to get a Beagle, or get a less allergenic dog, like a poodle. And working in an animal shelter, I'm sure I don't have to remind you that getting a dog is a lifetime committment. Be sure you are up to it for the next 15 years. I mean it, really think about where you will be in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, and on.

• no it is not consider "hypoallergenic"The following is a list of dogs considered to be hypoallergenic:American Hairless Terrier Airedale TerrierBasenjiBedlington TerrierBichon FriseBorder TerrierCairn TerrierChinese Crested (hairless)HavaneseKerry Blue TerrierMalteseMiniature SchnauzerPortuguese Water DogPuli Shih-TzuSoft Coated Wheaten TerrierSpanish Water DogStandard PoodleStandard SchnauzerTibetan TerrierToy PoodleWest Highland White TerrierWirehaired Fox TerrierYorkshire TerrierKeep in mind that all dogs may carry small amounts of allergens or can pick up natural allergens in their fur when they go outside. To keep the allergy risk low even among hypoallergenic breeds, you should bath and groom as frequently as your vet or authorities on the breed suggest. (If a hypoallergenic dog's skin gets too dry from too much bathing, it make flake and cause allergic reations) If your family is super sensitive to pet hair you should be careful about having your pet groomed by a groomer with other breeds in the shop. To reduce the amount of loose hair on the dog, specify to your groomer that your dog should be rinsed after being clipped. (Most groomers bathe before clipping in order to not expose their clipper blades to marmful skin oils) Many groomers also spray a dog with a perfume after bathing which many asthmatics and allergy sufferers are allergic to. If this could be a concern for you ask your groomer in advance not to use any perfumes or colognes on your dog.

• What do your parents say? And your sister? It's up to THEM, not you, especially as you have to be 21 to adopt from a shelter. A good shelter wouldn't let you adopt in your circumstances as you would HAVE to return or rehome the dog if your sister had reactions to the dog.I wouldn't chance it myself. Beagle's shed, so that could be a trigger. Labs do as well. It could be oil OR fur, and all dogs have these things!

• most people alergic to dogs aint alergic to the fur, its the actual skincells that flass of the dog their alergic tooit migth make a difference wheter she had taken her meds or not rescentlyfor people with alergy you should always test them on intended breed no mather to determind just how alergic they are, no dog are alergy free to highly alergic peoplealergy friendly breeds includes schnauzers and bison friche

• woops that couldn't have been pretty beagles are really loud though my dioxin beagle mix barks at everyone that comes in the door but if you really want to know why don't you call the doctor or your vet we didn't go to medical school