How much exercise is healthy for an 8 month old beagle?

I walk him regularly each day but I want to take him on hikes with me. Is a 2-3 hour hike too much for him if I bring water and we rest every so often? The hikes range from 4-6 miles and I go 2-3 times a week. I don't want to damage his skeletal system.…

I walk him regularly each day but I want to take him on hikes with me. Is a 2-3 hour hike too much for him if I bring water and we rest every so often? The hikes range from 4-6 miles and I go 2-3 times a week. I don't want to damage his skeletal system.…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much exercise is healthy for an 8 month old beagle?...

• How much exercise is healthy for an 8 month old beagle?

How much exercise is healthy for an 8 month old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
      I walk him regularly each day but I want to take him on hikes with me. Is a 2-3 hour hike too much for him if I bring water and we rest every so often? The hikes range from 4-6 miles and I go 2-3 times a week. I don't want to damage his skeletal system. My 2 year old beagle does great and I'd like to know if its safe to bring the 8 month beagle along for the hike... Thank you!

How much exercise is healthy for an 8 month old beagle? Dog Breed Discussions
    • don't go on long hikes like that until your puppy's about 1/2 a year old good walks to talk with them are little walks around the block.you can also just sit on the ground with them and role a minnie tennis ball around and have him scamper around and chase it, just to get a little of his wild side out.