How can I get my beagle to stop licking the floor?

It's a 2 year old male beagle and he just won't stop licking the floor and every time we tell him 2 stop he does, but then starts again. he licks the carpet and the wood floor. he even licks the carpet so much, he gets the carpet fibers stuck in his…

It's a 2 year old male beagle and he just won't stop licking the floor and every time we tell him 2 stop he does, but then starts again. he licks the carpet and the wood floor. he even licks the carpet so much, he gets the carpet fibers stuck in his…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How can I get my beagle to stop licking the floor?...

• How can I get my beagle to stop licking the floor?

How can I get my beagle to stop licking the floor? Dog Breed Discussions
      It's a 2 year old male beagle and he just won't stop licking the floor and every time we tell him 2 stop he does, but then starts again. he licks the carpet and the wood floor. he even licks the carpet so much, he gets the carpet fibers stuck in his throat and he starts heaving like a cat.how can i get him 2 stop licking the floor?

How can I get my beagle to stop licking the floor? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Perhaps put vinegar on the carpet. It won't stain and hopefully you beagle will find that it has an unpleasant taste. You could also try lemon juice and other materials that are nontoxic to the dog but unpleasant in taste. By doing this, the dog will be afraid to lick the floor because of the memory of the bad taste.