What jobs or tricks or activities can I make my beagle puppy do for fun?

I feel like shes bored and needs something to do. Shes so persistent and playful and energetic and needs some things to do. I was thinking maybe I would take her to the park or in our yard and kind of draw out a line in chicken broth so she could sniff a…

I feel like shes bored and needs something to do. Shes so persistent and playful and energetic and needs some things to do. I was thinking maybe I would take her to the park or in our yard and kind of draw out a line in chicken broth so she could sniff a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What jobs or tricks or activities can I make my beagle puppy do for fun?...

• What jobs or tricks or activities can I make my beagle puppy do for fun?

What jobs or tricks or activities can I make my beagle puppy do for fun? Dog Breed Discussions
      I feel like shes bored and needs something to do. Shes so persistent and playful and energetic and needs some things to do. I was thinking maybe I would take her to the park or in our yard and kind of draw out a line in chicken broth so she could sniff a trail and find a little treat at the end? Shes all about food since shes a beagle.Thanks!

What jobs or tricks or activities can I make my beagle puppy do for fun? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Your dog is a thinking, breathing being--and deserves to be treated as one. Keep her mentally challenged and physically active, and she'll likely stay happy and healthy. Not to mention, you'll stave off many unwanted behaviors.http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/soc.html

• You have some very good idea's there. There's a lot you can do to keep your beagle puppy active and thinking.Beagles are an active breed and do need lots of activities or they can become destructive. Your idea about creating a line in chicken broth for her to track is a good idea. Remember, she has to be on leash and there should be a reward at the end. Eventually, instead of just a straight line, do an "L" shape or end the track behind some bushes. There should always be some reward at the end.Don't forget, there are other activities you can do with your beagle also, taking her to the park is a good idea and remember, socialize, socialize socialize. Socialize with nice stable dogs and nice people. You can also find an obedience or agility training club. There are hounds how are successful in these sports. So she'll learn to use her brain, not just her sniffer.