How much can I sell a 4 year old pure bread Beagle with papers for?

I have a 4 year old pure bread Beagle. Male and he hasn't been fixed. Tri-color, cute and very sweet. How much can I sell him for?

I have a 4 year old pure bread Beagle. Male and he hasn't been fixed. Tri-color, cute and very sweet. How much can I sell him for?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much can I sell a 4 year old pure bread Beagle with papers for?...

• How much can I sell a 4 year old pure bread Beagle with papers for?

How much can I sell a 4 year old pure bread Beagle with papers for? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 4 year old pure bread Beagle. Male and he hasn't been fixed. Tri-color, cute and very sweet. How much can I sell him for?

How much can I sell a 4 year old pure bread Beagle with papers for? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You can't *sell* your adult dog just because you are bored with him, or don't want him anymore. You should contact a Beagle rescue, and *pay them* to take your "burden" off your hands, and to make sure that your dog finds a good home.Sheesh.

• I am sorry, but I have to vent here. I am so tired of people wondering how much dough they can get out of their dog instead of worrying about the "right" thing. The right thing would be to find a proper home for the animal. Money should have NOTHING to do with it.

• Oh fergodsake. If he's that cute and sweet, and you're determined to dump him for some reason, why don't you focus less on the money you'll make and more on how to ensure a good home for the poor little guy?You make me sick. He's a living being who has probably given you unconditional love and many tail wags for 4 years, and now you want to trade him off for a new pair of shoes or whatever.Give him to a beagle rescue group and grow up.

• Try to keep your dog, chances are he wont go to a home that is much better that what you can give him. Are you going to sell him because you are moving and can't take him with you or what? I would not ask too much for him, I would maybe ask an adoption fee of $75.00.

• $ 0.00 no one is going to give you money for an adult dog..If hes so cute and sweet why do you want to get rid of him? You don't get rid of a dog because your board and sick of taking care of it you get a dog you take care of it for life..

• I agree with the general sentiment so far - if you must get rid of your dog, you should really be worried more about finding him the best possible home, and not how much money you can get for him!

• One word: Rescue. It's very unethical to just get rid of your dog, but if you go through a rescue to place him, at least he will go to a good home. If you try to sell him outright, a sneaky broker or puppymill breeder will buy him and he will spend his short life in misery.

• 4 years, huh? Well, it seems like you wanted a puppy and got tired of the adult. Or, lemme guess - you had a baby, got another dog, or you're moving and can't keep him?It's "bred" btw, not 'bread'. Shows what you know.Unless he's had health certs *or his parents did*, and he has titles *or his parents, etc do* and he meets/exceeds breed standards...then you aren't going to get more than $75 for him. That's assuming he's UTD on shots and healthy.

• How much will the dog miss you? You don't even care,do you? If he's so cute and sweet,then why are you selling him? Please,if you find him a home,don't ever get another pet,as they suffer when they are separated from their families.Also,why isn't he neutered? Is he a top show dog,or something? Or do you think that you can get more money because someone will want to use him for breeding purposes? You just have no clue,do you? At least get the dog fixed before you sell him.

• Whatever you do, you need to ask a couple hundred dollars at least. Otherwise, he could very well go for dogfight bait. If that didn't happen, he'd go to a puppymill, since you haven't bothered to have him neutered either. You would be far more ethical turning him over to beagle rescue so he could find a safe and loving home, rather than being sold like meat.

• sigh...people dont understand you may have allergies and cant keep the dog....dont listen to them....i would say....about $300.00. i would never sell my dogs though...