Any beagle owners here? How long do you walk your beagles for?

When I walk my beagle for a while, I find that he actually ends up with more energy when coming back from his walk. My beagle come back inside and then runs around my apartment- I let him do it so that he can tire himself out. I also have him play…

When I walk my beagle for a while, I find that he actually ends up with more energy when coming back from his walk. My beagle come back inside and then runs around my apartment- I let him do it so that he can tire himself out. I also have him play…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Any beagle owners here? How long do you walk your beagles for?...

• Any beagle owners here? How long do you walk your beagles for?

Any beagle owners here? How long do you walk your beagles for? Dog Breed Discussions
      When I walk my beagle for a while, I find that he actually ends up with more energy when coming back from his walk. My beagle come back inside and then runs around my apartment- I let him do it so that he can tire himself out. I also have him play catch and have him run up and down the stairs because he is full of energy lolMy male beagle is 11 months.

Any beagle owners here? How long do you walk your beagles for? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Beagles tend to overeat. Now this is not your question, but keep this in mind, animals like people, the more they eat the more energy they have. So, you could walk him as long as you want, and he might still be raring to go especially if he had extra treats or snacks or ate recently.What you should do is walk him for as long as both you and he want to walk. Many times he will want to keep going, but if you do a daily 20 minute walk, eventually he will only want to walk 20 minutes because it will be routine. Make sure he has plenty of fresh water before and after the walk. Finally, he is so full of energy because he is still relatively young. At this age, he can walk probably for a long time and then still want to play for hours as long as he had enough food and water during the day. This is completely normal and healthy and you should not be concerned. Soon, he will slide into a routine of walking and playing and he will grow up (age) and will calm down and not be so energetic. This probably didn't help too much, I am sorry, I had three beagles in my lifetime, and they tend to have high energy levels almost all of their lives as long as they do not get overweight. I know they can walk for hours and then come back and play for more hours, but once a routine is established, he will calm down a bit.Best of luck.

• Yes, same thing with my dog. She's not a beagle but she does come back more energized from her walk. I tend to see that a good 45 minute walk can get her tired. Or, if you like running a 30 minute run can really get them tired. Congrats!

• I have a male beagle who is 1 1/2 and he takes a walk one in the morning and sometimes one at night. both for 30 minutes. He just has so much energy because he is just a puppy. my dog use to do that but now when he gets home he wags his tale gets his bone, chews it, wants me to play then falls asleep.

• My beagle would run ALL day, everyday, if she could. However, when we come back for a two hour walk, she'll race around the house and then kinda realises she's quite pooped and she'll have a good nap. Good thing about beagles is, they're pretty good indoor dogs. They could run and run outside all day, but they're quite content with a 20 minute walk, if thats all they can get. Unlimited outdoor energy, but can harness it and be good indoor dogs, too.